Thursday 12 April 2012

I was thinking











Faith




I have always wondered about the hereafter?"Heaven" could it be true?

Over the years I have many friends who were firm in their faith, even in the face of the horrors of war, dying with the name of their God on their lips, believing that after living a good life!
When they die? they would be reunited with their loved ones.

Over the years I have laid to rest many of my friends and I was pleased for them, for they had departed this ole world, firm within their beliefs? you could say I'm a wee bit jealous?

For I have no such apathy towards religious faith; I am fearful, that when I will die! I will lose all my memories of my friends and loved ones, I fear this more than dying?

Bearing witness to the medieval pain and cruelty inflicted by some religions on their own people, in the name of faith! and the hateful and murderous rhetoric also offered by some religions leaders, and sanctioned by other leaders within their circles?
Their ability to convince their follows to act out this mindless rhetoric! is nothing short of miraculous and a gross misuse of their power,

The blind obedience of their followers in their quest to enter their "Heaven"  destroying anybody who is not a believer in their faith at the same time, its just unbelievable!
It's even rumoured that they are offered (in some faiths) sexual favours in the after-life.
Is it offered as a bonus for this murderous act of faith?

Could this be true? and is it another nail in the coffin of faith.

We must be strong and carry on! you know what they say? keep the faith!

Agman.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy Please leave a comment. Thank you.